Cannot import JPG files due to a header error.

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have just moved over from Mac back to PC and traded in iMovie and Final Cut for the Adobe software and am going through the most immense growing pains.

I am trying to import 4 JPG files into Adobe to no avail - It comes up with an Import Failure Header Error . I have tried re-saving them as a jpg from photo editing software as recommended by other forums and this has not work. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019
Hey Clayde!You can try to re-save in another software.. paint3d worked for me BUT recently i've discovered that if you rename de file extension of jpg or jpeg to .bmp Premiere imports without errorAND i did a little script to help rename multiple files at once, because if you have a lot of jpg files it can be harsh You can open notepad and paste that code:@echo offxcopy *jpeg *.bmpxcopy *jpg *.bmpthan you save a .bat file and run it in some folder with the jpeg files that you want to rename to b...

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the pics are saved using RGB and not CMYK color

Thanks

Jeff

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

How to save it as RGB?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the help file in your photo editing program

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Clayde!

You can try to re-save in another software.. paint3d worked for me

BUT recently i've discovered that if you rename de file extension of jpg or jpeg to .bmp Premiere imports without error

AND i did a little script to help rename multiple files at once, because if you have a lot of jpg files it can be harsh
You can open notepad and paste that code:

@echo off

xcopy *jpeg *.bmp

xcopy *jpg *.bmp

than you save a .bat file and run it in some folder with the jpeg files that you want to rename to bmp and that's it...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I f*king LOVE you!

It worked like charm! you don't know how much time you just saved to me.

I had to do this a lot because i had to import a bunch of diferent fotos from diferent people each day and I'm sick of converting all to png or someting (no time to look for which one can import and which can't)

I own you a whatever you want, you name it!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate!
I'm happy that I could help!

And I did a little improvement on that script

Now it creates a new folder and moves all .bmp (and .mp4 if have any in the same folder) to it, making it easier to import those files in Premiere

@echo off
xcopy *jpeg *.bmp
xcopy *jpg *.bmp
mkdir converted
move .\*bmp .\converted\
move .\*mp4 .\converted\

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all heroes wear capes my friend. Thank you for saving my day and also teaching me that .bat files are a thing, wow!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was amazing!  Thank you!!  I had the same problem and it worked like a charm!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

This happened to me too. And yes, Paint3d worked, but, it was more simple open the picture with the Windows viewer, press the three dots, select Copy, open PSD, new (admit clipboard info by default), paste it and save a new file.
Hope someone find this helpfull.
Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines