• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open premiere pro project

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on this same premiere project yesterday just fine. Then, this morning, I cannot open it up when I double click on the file and it is not listed in the recently opened projects. I can open other Adobe Premiere projects just fine!

I get this message when I try to open it:

"This project was saved in a newer version on Adobe Premiere and cannot be opened in this version."

BUT... I have already updated Premiere Pro before this problem occurred and when I go to the updates, it says it is updated! So I don't know what is the problem. I also updated Adobe Bridge and After Effects, thinking that would help but it didn't.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018.

Please help!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Hi worldpeas,

Sorry for your issue.

Premiere Pro is not backward compatible. If a project is saved on a newer version, you can not open the same file on an older version. The latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro is CC 2019 v 13.0.1. Please check this article to know the basic requirements for updating to the latest version: Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements. Please check if your computer meets the requirement.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi worldpeas,

Sorry for your issue.

Premiere Pro is not backward compatible. If a project is saved on a newer version, you can not open the same file on an older version. The latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro is CC 2019 v 13.0.1. Please check this article to know the basic requirements for updating to the latest version: Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements. Please check if your computer meets the requirement.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi!

Thank you for replying! I figured out that both the 2018 and 2019 versions were both installed BUT for some reason, it opened my project in the 2018 version automatically. So I uninstalled the 2018 and it then automatically opened the program in the 2019 version.

That's why the cloud said it was already updated.

Thanks again for your advice!

Have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to assist

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this response. I was very confused as my CC account said all my apps were up todate so I  couldn't understand why a project I worked on a couple of days ago wouldn't open because it was apparently "created with a newer version". After reading your message I went and checked my applications and I could see I had a couple of versions on my computer so deleted the older ones. I can now access it! Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines