"Failed to rename the production folder" it says when all projects are closed and I try to rename the productions file. What is the problem?
Also, I fail to see a way to save the production as a new folder with a new name ("Save as" refers to the open project, not the productions file). What to do if I wish to make a duplicate or a backup of the entire thing? Copy it manually and change the name in the windows finder itself?
Thank you. I was afraid to touch the folder in case I made the file unreadable, but it works!
It was you who recomended me the production-feature earlier this year, and it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! May I ask you about 2 problems I am encountering?
I have imported all the relevant projects in the production menu, but occasionally I run into this problem: since several of my projects share the same footage, I have dragged tootage from one project into the other and consolidated the clips. Half the time, when I right click a clip in the timeline and press "Reveal in Project", it really does take me to the other project and highlights the clip. Other times it takes me to the relevant project, but it doesn't highlight the clip, and I get the error "The source media has been deleted or moved from its project. Do you want to search in other projects?" And when I press ok, I get the error, "The source media is not found in any of the open projects." This is very strange. For one thing it already took me to the right project, whitout finding the corect file. And for another, how is the clip still playing in the timeline if premiere doesn't know where it is? Why don't I get media offline?
The other problem is this: proxys from other projects doesn't always work (even if premiere knows the correct project-location of the clips). What can possibly be the reason for this? A bug?
Those are two things that are potential issues. I've found it wise to avoid moving media from one project to another within a Production as much as possible. To get out of that, I rebuilt a couple projects and deleted the originals. Took a bit of fussing, but it all eventually got sorted.
So now I'm simply running in my Production, that doesn't happen. I do occasionally get a warning there are mulitple projects with the same ID ... and I've gone to check, and well ... not really. And the warning goes away. Then comes back a couple weeks later ... goes away ...
The problems with proxies ... that I've not had, actually. Going to have to think about that one. I know there are issues with nested sequences at times being shared across projects in a Production.