• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Save - Please Check Write Permissions

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alrighty, here goes my third bug report of the day. This happens every couple times Premiere auto-saves or also when I manually save a project, and it refuses to save in the same location I've had the project the entire time. Currently, save as and renaming the project file allows it to save, and sometimes if I just try to save again it will work, but it is very frustrating and I'd hate to lose progress due to it not being able to save.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 3.50.50 PM.png

// Film Maker / Video Editor / Videographer / Motion Designer / ...and more! | Check out my work at: https://www.SamStaudt.com //
TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

@gerikp wrote:

I get that too sometimes, but it's always if I hit save too many times in a row or I hit save right before or right after an autosave happens. I think what is happening is that if I hit save while Creative Cloud files are still syncing it will throw that error sometimes. I just wait a moment and hit save again. 

This is the answer. I've learned that when you get this error, it's because creative cloud is syncing data still and the icon in the toolbar displays that as well. Once the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your firewall or antimalware blocking it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have either enabled on this computer.

// Film Maker / Video Editor / Videographer / Motion Designer / ...and more! | Check out my work at: https://www.SamStaudt.com //

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that too sometimes, but it's always if I hit save too many times in a row or I hit save right before or right after an autosave happens. I think what is happening is that if I hit save while Creative Cloud files are still syncing it will throw that error sometimes. I just wait a moment and hit save again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@gerikp wrote:

This is the answer. I've learned that when you get this error, it's because creative cloud is syncing data still and the icon in the toolbar displays that as well. Once the sync is finished, (usually 5-10 seconds), you can save no problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me as well. Very often. Realy annoying and not reassuring that the latest version is saved.

Would love a solution beyond "try again".

Tried changing persmissions to read/write for all users and turning of "Limit IP Address Tracking" in network settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines