Canon audio in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot an interview with a Canon 6D MII using an external microphone. When exporting the mp4 videos (which exports audio all in one) the audio is pretty 'tinny' and bad, which is obvisouly a camera/ mic problem, but I am confused about different audio forms. For the same project, I recorded audio as a WAV on a cellphone and it shows the audio as one single waveform and this audio is great. The audio from my Canon shows two identical wave forms in one track. I am wondering if this difference, or the audio coming from an Mp4 is the issue. I've tried googling it but I can't seem to get onto the right page regarding it or I can't find the corret terminology. I am wondering if this 'waveform' type is causing the echoey sound, or is that just a stereo track and the other is a mono? 

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 10.43.07.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realised soon after posting this that it was just mono and stereo sound, but is it a problem editing mono and stereo sound together? They are from different sources so they sound different, but I thought that maybe making stereo mono will help? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the fill left with right effect on the faulty clips.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When exporting the mp4 videos (which exports audio all in one) the audio is pretty 'tinny' and bad, which is obvisouly a camera/ mic problem, but I am confused about different audio forms.

By @Kayleigh5C0E

It sounds like the audio is recorded out of phase. Sound example and description here: Audio Phase: Why You Need To Pay Attention To This - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines