• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon XF-AVC from R5C Flashing

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 22.5, Windows 10, my footage from a R5C, UHD/23.97 422 10bit Intra, plays back with intermittent flashing. The only way around it is to change the sequence to preview at Microsoft AVI Intel IYUV codec. I have to hand this project off to an editor on a MAC... not sure how that will play out. Footage looks great when previewed in Bridge. Adobe? Is there an update for this? Problem with the R5C footage? All video drivers are up to date btw. anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Not seeing any flickering on 22.5 or 22.6 on windows.

Have you got the xf avc codec installed?

clip is awfully jittery but no flashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey brusiephoto,

Sorry about the issue. Are you having this issue with a specific Preview File Format and Codec? If so, can you let us know which one it is? A screen recording of the problem could help us understand it better. Also, could you share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM)? We're here to help!

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, AMD® RyzenTM 9 5900X Processor, 12-core / 24-thread @ 3.7GHz, (4.8GHz Boost), 64GB Ram, 8GB EVGA® NVIDIA® GeForce RTX 3060 TI w/ current Studio Driver. File format is Canon XF-AVC Intraframe UHD/23.976 422 10bit. Drag and drop into a new sequence in Premiere 22.5 See thattached mp4 taken of the desktop with my screen - note the scope on the lower left. I tried all sorts of video preview format/codecs.... to no avail. 

Clip properties: 

Type: MXF
File Size: 84.22 GB
Image Size: 3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 23.976
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24-bit - 4 Channels
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - 4 Channels
Total Duration: 00:29:53:19
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Color Space: Rec. 709
Color Space Override: Off
Input LUT: None

MXF File details:
Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)
File generated by: CANON, EOS R5 C (1.00)
AVC Unconstrained
Bitstream Format: Sony

I preview the files in Bridge, and they are perfect. 

And... I had somehow achieved clean playback in my project by doing something in the sequence... I don't really know what. I saved the project aand opened it a few times, all was good. Then In opened the footage in a new project, just for testing (to get the sample I just sent on this) and now, I return to the original project, and the footage is flickering again. Arrrggghhhh.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10;  Ryzen™ 9 5900X Processor, 12-core / 24-thread @ 3.7GHz, (4.8GHz Boost); 64GB DDR4-3200MHz (4 x 16GB); 8GB EVGA® NVIDIA® GeForce RTX 3060 Ti w current Studio Driver; SSD OS drive; 4TB SSD Raid 0 Media Drive(internal).

I have tried all sorts of preview codec combinations, to no avail. I had it go away for a while in the project through some weird sequence setting voodo... closed the project, opened it again, thru a few cycles. all was good. Then in order to test this issue I created a new project and imported the footage and it was off again (see the attached video from that project) Then when I reopened my actual work project, the issue reappeared. I changed NOTHING in that project file. just close, and open...

Type: MXF
File Size: 84.22 GB
Image Size: 3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 23.976
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24-bit - 4 Channels
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - 4 Channels
Total Duration: 00:29:53:19
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Color Space: Rec. 709
Color Space Override: Off
Input LUT: None

MXF File details:
Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)
File generated by: CANON, EOS R5 C (1.00)
AVC Unconstrained
Bitstream Format: Sony

help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, when I scrub through the footage in Media Encoder, it looks fine. Proxies were generated, and they are fine too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a short original clip to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. Do you also see this issue when you export the file, or is it only visible while previewing? As Ann said, sharing a sample source file could help us reproduce the issue on our end. Also, could you go to File > Project Settings > General, switch the Renderer to Mercury Playback Software Only, and let us know if you still see the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not present upon Export. Turning Render to "Software only" gives me NO playback (freezeframe of the last playhead position) Even a 5 second clip is 200MB... so I'll have to send via a Dropbox ink...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I did get it to playback with "software only]" but still had the flicker. Rendered the clip, and still had flicker. 5 second MXF file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/on0dz3gzt3a3cuk/AADSLkPpXMyBmMrDILyg9fHGa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing any flickering on 22.5 or 22.6 on windows.

Have you got the xf avc codec installed?

clip is awfully jittery but no flashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welll... ain't I just the dumb-dumb. No, Ann, I did not install the XF-AVC Codec. {embarrassed} I have XF-AVC files from 2 other cameras that have been used with no issues... so I never even thought of that. Alas, it is now installed, and all is well with the world. Thank you both for all your halp - and patience. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set preview codec to Prores instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines