need help with this, i have tried to convert the file but still nothing

cheers

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

1204619_source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a Source & Target tracking issue. I'm on a tablet, not my computer so I don't have a graphic to share.

There are blocks on the timeline panel to the far left of the controls. If they are gray, they are toggle 'off'. The far left column is for Source monitor work.  If there is a blue box (toggled state: on) for an Audio track but none for a Video track, you will get the behavior you are seeing.

Because, with those Source targets, blue for audio but gray for video, you are telling PrPro not to add the video but only the audio to that sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers. Think I need some sleep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1204619_source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann to the rescue. Someday the team should make this absolutely fool proof. YouTube videos and posts show this confuses almost every editor that has learned Premiere Pro "through YouTube." Learning something haphazardly in this manner and not a modular way induces gray areas and gaps. This is the #1 gap that people can't figure out on their own. Sorry about that.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must be one of the most posted screenshots in the Premiere forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a doubt. A free 101 class should be given with every purchase. We do have the Learn panel. I'll see if that covers source patching.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Ann. 
been looking at a screen to long 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a common issue, Paul. If things like this contiue to trip you up, I can recommend that you go through a Premiere 101 course on LinkedIn Learning or similar. This provides a firewall against other similar road blocks that may arise. That is, if you have the time and money to spare. Excuse the following if you actually are a vet that got tripped up. This even happens to me sometimes!

Not necessarily speaking to you personally (I have no idea about your path), but for many, learning on YouTube is OK, but it does not provide you a guided path, or modular way of learning that I think is necessary (biased, as a former instuctor, full disclosure). Furthermore, I see a lot of good info, but also a lot of bad stuff. Young editors can't count on the quality. LinkedIn weeds out the bad instructors for you, otherwise, you are working with too many unexplained "gray areas," and that's not a good feeling.

I hope I don't seem preachy or overly pedantic about Source Patching. I am concerned that a lot of editors would be better served learning a heap of up front info before just "diving right in" to this app. Too many dark cracks you can fall into. We all know, as we've all been there. Fortunately, I learned in the era before YouTube. This was actually an advantage...:-) At the bare minimum, I suggest that editors in learning mode try the tutorials in the Learn panel. You'll pick up various tips to get you to the promised land in much better shape. My opinion, of course. Feel free to ignore if this is not you or your situation. Here to help.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines