Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right so here is my machine.

CPU - AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970x 32-Core

RAM - 64 GB, 52GB dedicated to the apps

Storage - 1TB of M2

GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

I am exporting in h264 or h265 in Premiere Pro or Media Encoder.

I have have switched both apps to software only and back to GPU acceleration. Either setting neither the CPU or the GPU go above 14% usage and RAM is at 30%

Is there some settings I need to change? Thank you for your info Im still learning about the video editing world and how I can be better at it.

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ManaTap,

Sorry. What is the source footage? Usage of full computer resources is often not possible, depending on the format. Premiere Pro uses as many resources as it needs for the job. We do need more info to make any diagnosis, however. Hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for getting back to me. I called the help line and the tech made some changes in my sequence settings on the one project he got 40% CPU usage and 50%GPU but on this other project while trying to render and replace a Mogrt the computer started off strong with 40% CPU and 50%GPU but after a few seconds dropped to 8% CPU and 1% GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines