Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

caption in Premiere

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to add the caption "No Audio" in the videos we created for the web, but we have hundreds of them to d and I was hoping there is a way to batch process this action....Is there such an option?

Ideally it would be something like a preset that I could just drag to the selected videos, and run on ME to add this to the file. The customer requests that it is a closed caption format so they can turn on adn off.

Is there anything that could solve this problem?

thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is a closed caption format so they can turn on and off.

If it is a web based player (youtube, vimeo, etc), it does not actually need to be a "closed caption" format. But you may have trouble controlling the appearance you want if it is not "burned in."

You'll be exporting an .srt file from PR. But you may only need to do it once. In PR, edit one of the videos. Add a single caption that is the full length of the video. Export the .srt. Then you'll just copy the srt for each video, and go in and edit the end time.

I have not tried this for a single long caption. If it doesn't work, you could use Subtitle Edit or a similar free app to fix each file by setting a max caption length and fixing errors.

Let us know...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines