Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

caption options not worked

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe premiere pro v22.6.2

according to the image below, the options = (Audio clips tagged as 'Dialogue'), Transcribe in point to out point only, and Merge output with existing transcription are not activeas shown below; what can I do to make all options active, please? The option of the red arrow as in the image below:

In the past, all options worked, and maybe the problem is the version, and I need to reinstall the older one.

image.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

What you see is correct.

"Merge" is only active if you have an already completed transcript. "Transcribe sequence" does not show if you have one completed, so that options will not be active.

After PR 22.5, if you don't have in/out set, you cannot select "transcribe in to out." I can see in your timeline that you do not have these set. So that option will not be active. It will transcribe the full sequence.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

The adobe premiere pro Version 22.0.0 (Build 169) is fine and worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why does the latest version of adobe premiere pro, the option captions as the attached image above, not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sarmad,

That is odd.

I don't recall any issue with selecting audio as dialogue, unless you did not label the track as "dialogue."

As of 22.5, you can no longer transcribe with in to out if there was neither an in marker nor an out marker. All this means is that you were going to transcribe the whole sequence, so why would you need to limit to in to out. This was to fix a bug reintroduced in 22.0.0. You did not see the bug in 22.0.0 if you explicitly selected both in and out marker.

See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/updated-22-4-not-showing-captions-in-timelin...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am immensely thanking you for your reply, but I need you to be patient with me, please, because I am a beginner at that. I need you to have a look at the image below and explain. Why are all options active? While the image above for the latest version are not?The version of adobe premiere is 22.0.0 (build 169) for the image below

image 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re "Audio clips tagged as dialogue," Do you have clips in the sequence tagged as dialogue?

Re the in/out, do you have both an in and an out point set?

Screenshots of the timeline might help.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I give my screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screenshot not here. Try that again.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I need to thank you so much because you follow my inquiry. This is the entire screenshot. Why are the two options marked with the red arrow inactive, please?

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see is correct.

"Merge" is only active if you have an already completed transcript. "Transcribe sequence" does not show if you have one completed, so that options will not be active.

After PR 22.5, if you don't have in/out set, you cannot select "transcribe in to out." I can see in your timeline that you do not have these set. So that option will not be active. It will transcribe the full sequence.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will investigate your replay and tell you, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Stan. You are right. I appreciate your effort with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad the information was helpful.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Version 23.0.0 on a Mac 12.5.1
Captions are not working. It will start the process but there is no result. Sometimes this message appears but not always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

attilag,

I think your question is unrelated to the current thread, which is about Merge and other functions not being active.

Are you attempting to "transcribe"? The error you are sometimes getting ("A low-level exception occurred in RawPCM (Exporter: 17)") was reported in another thread in October, and may be related to applying effects to the audio being used for the transcription:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/transcribe-sequence-error-quot-a-low-level-e...

Staff @Ishan Y did not get a reply to his question and suggestion.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines