Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption .SSC Crashing Premier Pro

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Everytime I try to import a .ssc caption file my adobe preimer crashes any advice on how to fix this issue? 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Formats , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opertaing on Windows 10 with all the hardware requirments needed to run Premiere Pro. Currently using verison 14.9.1 of Premiere Pro. Importing this .ssc file has worked once but now crashes ever systems we try to open it on. We have redownlaoded the .ssc file to ensure the file didn't get corrupted. We don't see any error message just the option to send the crash report to Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall a problem with .scc files crashing PR in 14.9.1 (or other versions prior to the reworked captions in PR 15.x).

What is the source of the .scc file?

How are you importing it?

In the Caption panel, click on the "Import Settings" button. Do you have any boxes checked? 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The source of the .ssc file is a test file off the company's website who is doing captioning for us. I've tried importing through the drag and drop opition as well as the file import. I've also confirmed that the caption import settings match the caption file.

Thanks!

Caption_Settings.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines