Captions and graphics not responding

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select captions and graphics CPU usage runs close to 100% and the captions and graphics window will not open. Selecting captions only will work but CPU is still running at a very high usage level and all other operations (mouse movement, clicks ect) are delayed making it very hard to use.

I am running this on a Dell XPS desktop PC on windows 11 with computer specs as follows:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
Installed RAM 48.0 GB (47.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support

Has anyone got any idea why Captions and Graphics will not work?

TOPICS
Crash , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TyBB!

Sorry to hear that. Have you already tried resetting preferences and deleting cache files?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have reset as you suggested, that worked! BUT... while I am able to use the software correctly now the CPU power usage increases by 50% when I select the menu which is odd to say the least. However, I am at least able to use all aspects of the software, thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines