• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions are resetting to previous text

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro and am adding the captions by importing them from a SRT file. Some of the words are either incorrect or missing so I manually change them to what they're suppose to say. As soon as I finish the changes, I look over the captions and see that some of them have reverted to their original text. Though I am able to manually change them back sometimes the error happens frequently without warning. Is there a reason for this and a solution to how I can fix this issue? 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other reports of this behavior, both for srt imports and also for manually created captions.

So far no one seems to know what is going on.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry; I forgot to add that some users report that it helps to avoid editing in the Text Panel helps; use the Program Monitor.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rashadd12825117,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Did you try the steps provided by Stan?

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Summet

This error is still in Premier pro. Using the program monitor as suggested by stan is a pain in the ass workflow. When we can expect a patch for this problem? Or any other solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Christian, what version of PR are you running? I was never able to replicate this problem, so I cannot test the newest versions.

Are you using srt import? As noted above, users report problems with srt and with manually created captions. But I'd like to understand how the problem is occurring for you.

Is the Program Monitor workaround working for you? I understand it is not the workflow you want. But I'm not clear that it works for all users.

An additional workaround for the srt is a third party program (e.g. the free Subtitle Edit). Make the edits there and import that srt.

I still can't find a bug report in uservoice for this problem to be upvoted.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines