Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Captions clip from bottom

Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have subtitles with alignment on the bottom with the bottome zone. 

You have use center algin squeeze your caption box down and lower it. 

Issue is you can't get it as low as it should be so your stuck having your captions raised about 40 px up. 

adamt18510785_0-1659979967178.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot reproduce the problem you are seeing. (I am on PC.) You do not need to "squeeze" the caption box. Just set the caption to "bottom align text." There are 2 issues: how low you can position captions and h ow PR treats the "descender" letters (y, g, j, etc.).

Regarding position, here is a feature request to upvote, but you'll see that staff consider the margin as the correct behavior.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42760940-move-captions-to-t...

But your issue is not the position only; it is the flattened descender (e.g. "j"). Here's a post where we concluded that there may be a difference between Mac and PC regarding padding. I am PC, so did not see the problem as described.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-captions-15-0-cutting-off-descender...

I tested today using PR 22.5 and believe that this is all the same as it has been since the caption workflow change in PR 2021. The actual caption "safe margin" being applied is 5%. AND this does not include descenders, so the bottom of a "g" is not flattened even when it appears below the caption bounding box. This varies by font and size, but the descender only flattens when it goes off frame, not just out of some PR safe margin limitation.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines