Captions GONE wild

Engaged ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is a completely new issue with Adobe Captioning and I cannot fix it.  Plus I need to post my next YouTube video tomorrow and I cannot figure this one out.  So when I created this video, I initially transcribed the sequence to create the captions and downloaded the SRT file to upload to YouTube.  After I have downloaded the SRT file, I click on the toggle active captions track to OFF and render the video.  So when I render the video, for some reason captions appear on my video even though they are turned off and in the render queue on the Captions tab there's no option for captions b/c they are grayed out.  So someone please explain this one!!!  I have copied all video and audio files to a new timeline without any captions, render it and at the same point in the video captions start appearing.  The kicker is the captions are not synced with the audio on the video.  So one, I don't know where they came from and why they continue to display captions when they are turned off...

Randune23_0-1654065060700.png

 

 

Captions errors.jpg

 

Captions errors2.jpg

 The pictures is of the same footage taken from the Program monitor and guess what?  NO CAPTIONS!!!

 HELP!!!

Randy

 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

63

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

If I duplicated the sequence in the same project, all of the same bad behaviors appeared.  The thing is I had to render the media before it would appear.  So I would render the short 6 minute video and once it was completed I would open it up in VLC to see that it did not correct the appearing crazy captions.  Yes, I duplicated the sequence from the file or edit menus.  I would just right click on the sequence, select duplicate, rename the sequence, render it and they still were appearing.

 

But w

...

Likes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another user reported this recently. It did not work for them, but I still suspect the cache. Try clearing it.

 

Or, backup your project or save it as another name. Duplicate the sequence. (Both of those are just to create backups.)

 

Delete the caption track from your sequence. Save. Duplicate the sequence. Try exporting that sequence.

 

Stan

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not try clearing the cache.  I closed PP, rebooted the computer, then tried to duplicate the sequence, and delete the caption track, both of which did not work.  So I created a completely new project and copied all the files over to a new sequence in the new project and it finally worked.  It's an okay workaround but with seven videos in this series I am putting together, I really hope I don't have to do that for each of the seven videos.

 

It's just weird that PP all of a sudden started doing this.

 

Randy

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very weird! Thanks for reporting back. Glad you found a method for round one. I hope the problem does not reappear!

 

What did not work about duplicating the sequence?

 

Did you try, in the Project Panel, right click, duplicate?

 

Stan

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I duplicated the sequence in the same project, all of the same bad behaviors appeared.  The thing is I had to render the media before it would appear.  So I would render the short 6 minute video and once it was completed I would open it up in VLC to see that it did not correct the appearing crazy captions.  Yes, I duplicated the sequence from the file or edit menus.  I would just right click on the sequence, select duplicate, rename the sequence, render it and they still were appearing.

 

But when I highlighted all the text (and even the captions too) and copied those to an entirely new project it worked like a charm.

 

Randy

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back!

 

Stan

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines