Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions keep on disapearing

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I am recently (since the Caption update) encountering some very ennoying bugs while adding Open Captions to my videos. I frequently use captions since all the work I do has to be subtitled.

When I am adding captions to a video, what happens is that after approx. one minute of captions added, Premiere Pro keeps on deleting captions I previously added and replaces the text with "New Caption" without me touching the caption. This is a bug that really is tiring since I have to add captions to videos up to an hour, and you can imagine the labour that goes into it, when you have to go back and add captions for a second time every 20 seconds.

Also, sometimes when I click on the "+" button to add a new caption, it does create a caption on the timeline, but I can't access it through the caption workspace and have to manually click on the caption in the preview and replace the text there.

My colleague encounters the same problem when he uses the Caption tool btw.

Does anyone here have the same problem or am I maybe doing something wrong?

I'm really grateful for every response I get.

Thanks in advance,

Fränk

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Hi Frank,

This does not sound ideal. Could you test the issue after cleaning preferences for the application? It will make the settings default. https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/8236158#8632389

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

This does not sound ideal. Could you test the issue after cleaning preferences for the application? It will make the settings default. https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,

Thanks for your response. I tried it, and for now it seems to work propperly again! 🙂

With kind regards,

Fränk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. I'm glad it worked for you. Give us a shout if you get any other issues.

Cheers,

Shivangi 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you sure just cleaning preferences/back to default make this issues fix??I have tried it, but sometime it works, sometimes it happend again, i don't know why

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not convinced that resetting preferences fixes it, but it is worth a try. But, Eko, as you say, the problem is not consistent, so it is hard to know when it is fixed. It is often referred to as the captions "reverting" to their pre-edited state. I do not see a bug report in uservoice. I cannot get this problem to occur, so have not filed one. Someone should!

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

There are reports of this whether the caption track is created from srt import or manually. Some users report that it helps to avoid editing in the Text Panel helps; use the Program Monitor.

Here are examples:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/captions-reverting-to-empty-quot-new-caption...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/subtitle-text-changes-are-reset-to-original-...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines