• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions not working since latest update (22)

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since the latest Premiere Pro update I haven't been able to add captions to my project. I tried to add them using an older version (15.4.2) and it worked fine but whenever I try to do it in the 22, it won't let me. When I click the plus icon it will add the subtitle track in the timeline but that's it. I can´t type anything on the captions window. Does anyone has the same issue? 

Attached a screenshot. 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find my note regarding another user who may have reported this. I am on Win10 and having no difficulty with it.

Try the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Alt-C : does that add a caption?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan, thank you for your response! 

When doing CTRL+ATL+C it allows me to add the captions but I can't edit them. However, I tried to edit from the essential  graphics panel and I can do it from there but I don't understand why I can't do it from the captions window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click the text in the Text panel. No joy?

Try resetting the Captions workspace. Is that the one you were in?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Stan, I really appreciate your help on this. 

I tried your options but it didn't work. When I double click the text panel nothing happens.

I was in the captions workspace and did the reset but still nothing. I can only edit from the essential graphics panel 😫

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines