• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions not working

Engaged ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I finished my latest project, transcribed the sequence, and then went to create a captions track.  The only problem is the sequence transcribed pretty well.  However, when I went to create a captions track it didn't display ANYTHING!!!???

What gives?  I really don't want to shut all the way down to "see" if a reboot is going to fix everything.

Is anyone else out there in Adobe land experiencing the same issue/error???

Randy

Randune23_0-1654590774455.pngRandune23_1-1654590807071.png

Randune23_2-1654590818646.png

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd. It behaves just like this bug, except that your transcribe times are "regular" (they don't start at the 8 or 9 hour mark):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/updated-22-4-not-showing-captions-in-timelin...

Note that this is fixed in Beta:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/updated-22-4-not-showing-captions-in-timelin...

The workaround when transcribing a full sequence is to be sure you have "transcribe in to out" unchecked. So I would give that a go even though this does not appear to be your problem.

Is this sequence almost 3 hours long? I can see that you have in/out set (or at least an out)?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan,

I'll have to read your previous post later as I am in a nine-line bind trying to get this project finished for tomorrow's debut.  But I have to share this with the community.  So today, when I opened up the project, the captions are there.  However, the text under the text tab is flawless with just a few grammatical errors that I need to fix.  However, the captions that appear on-screen look like an alien language:

Randune23_0-1654635456286.png

WHAT THE WHAT!!!  Normally, I would delete the captions track and re-transcribe the sequence, and have it create new captions...

Now onto your fix...

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL.  No, it's only a little over 3 minutes in length.  Not 3 hours.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me!

I have had this issue for weeks, and have waited for an update to solve it, but so far... still the same.

And just like you say: it creates the transcript perfectly. But when I touch on Create the Captions, they are always blank. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mingo, Randy's version of this issue was odd. Make sure that yours is not the one described at this link. There is an easy workaround for it:

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines