Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions One Word at a time in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys!

I am trying to figure out how to turn generated captions into "one word at a time" segments. I already know how to make the captions, I am just stuck in how to automate them to just come out one word at a time. Thanks for the help! 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Set both minimum characters and minimum time to.... the MINIMUM (7 and 1.2 seconds, in the April 2022 edition).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Will,

Sorry, that function is not available. You'll need to create a feature request.

Since this is around the third time I've seen this request (and not saying it's a bad one), I'm just trying to understand why you would want such a feature. Can you tell me why you would want only one word at a time so I can understand your needs? I have seen a young gamer who is popular using something similar. Perhaps you are trying to emulate this gamer's style?

My opinion on this content creator is that I find the text extremely hard to watch visually for even 30 seconds. Rapid fire text has the effect of a mental tax and tires me out after a very short time. After watching, I feel rather drained and I didn't like it much. 

Hope you can help me understand the "why" so I can pass it along to the devs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin, 

Thank you for your response. I ask this to stylize the text to pop up when that specific word is most important. I video edit for marketing and am trying to be as quick as can be. However, I think I will just individually edit each caption segement to fit the style my boss would like it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Will, thanks for clarifying. I think the minimum you can set is 26 letters and then you can chop your words from there. I do this periodically for my own captions. Since I'm older, there are a lot of, er, gaps in my speech - so I need a single word - but for me, it is not necessary for all the words to be chopped up. For sure, get that feature request and I'll continue to advocate for you and the others requesting that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set both minimum characters and minimum time to.... the MINIMUM (7 and 1.2 seconds, in the April 2022 edition).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! This isn't exactly what I was looking for, but it will work! Do you know if it's possible in Premiere to stack subtitle tracks where the words stack as they appear (like Instagram captions?). I want to be able to edit the words and make sure they're accurate plus use brand fonts, but your solution is the closest to that Instagram look I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjV1xeb0A9U
and if you need short captions for export to a .csv like i needed ...just highlight the captions first in the timeline.

Like My Content? 🤘 Consider Supporting Me On Patreon 🎉 https://www.patreon.com/johnthevideoguy Get EXCLUSIVE ACCESS To My Assets & Templates 😉 ABOUT VIDEO: Create one word subtitles inside Premiere Pro with this new feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea this is close, but I want the words to be able to stack like the auto Instagram captions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines