• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions Options Not Showing

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my other project, captions work fine, when I try to use captions on the 2nd project, the CC option is missing and nowhere to be found.

So then I opened both projects. In the timeline for the 1st project, CC shows at the timeline area. When I click on the 2nd project timeline, CC is greyed out. 

WHY?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

> CC is greyed out. 

This happens before there is a caption track. But when you click on the Text panel,  you'll see the options to transcribe, create a captions track, and import a captions file.

And the CC is greyed out, for example, after you "Transcribe the Sequence" but before you click on the CC (create captions) in the Transcipt tab of the Text panel.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ghazanfar,

Sorry. Have you transcribed the sequence in the second project yet? Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> CC is greyed out. 

This happens before there is a caption track. But when you click on the Text panel,  you'll see the options to transcribe, create a captions track, and import a captions file.

And the CC is greyed out, for example, after you "Transcribe the Sequence" but before you click on the CC (create captions) in the Transcipt tab of the Text panel.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

I don't even see the "TEXT" button to transcribe in the first place in my 2nd project. But I see it in my 1st.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't seem to delete my reply, but it works, I just need to create any "text" before the text icon shows up. Thanks Stan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! If it happens again, you can also look for  Window -> Text.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines