Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions, text panel not selecting all characters when double clicking

Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working with captions in the last version of Premiere (15.4.1.) and there is a weird bug (I can't imagine this is how it's supposed to work).

So when I'm in the Text panel and double click on a caption, the whole text should get selected. But very often the last letter, or very often a dot or comma, will be left out and I have to press ctrl+a to select the whole text. Does anyone else have the same problem? It's super annoying, because you have to look very carefully everytime you want to delete or copy/paste something, otherwise you'll end up with an extra character at the end.

thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michal_K!

Sorry for that. What type of captions are you working with? Have you already tried resetting preferences

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can demonstrate this, but I don't see a pattern. Also running 15.4.1. I'll try to test in the latest Beta; a bug report should be filed. I only looked for this to happen with an ending period.

The sample that shows this problem at least some of the time is one I was testing for a user. The caption track is from an srt import. BUT, the problem is not present if I double click the srt file in the Project Panel (i.e. open in the Source Monitor) and double click the text there. The problem is only when the srt is used in a caption track. I can see the problem when the text is double clicked in the Text Panel. The problem is not present if the text is double clicked in the Program Monitor. The problem occurs when using the keyboard shortcut for "edit current segment" as well as double clicking.

When I imported my own srt, I could not demonstrate the problem.

Yes, if I use Ctrl-A after double clicking in the text panel, the period is included.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines