• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture preview is blank when capturing from DVR

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, basically I was on my vacation and when I came back to work - nothing worked properly in Adobe Premiere Pro. At first I thought it was a trainee who somehow managed to break everything. But then I figured out it's been an update, that smashed everything. I fixed alot of issues manually, but no luck on this one.

On my daily base I'm working with DV material, basically capturing a video from DV cassettes. Like everything is fine, it's still working, but capture preview is blank when capturing from DVR "Sony DSR-25".
There even is no big capture square when it's set up on "DV", when I set up my device to "HDV" it (capture square) shows up, but not working (daaaa, as my device is DV recorder not HDV and that way there is no signal).

The timecode is ticking over during play or recording and when I finish recording, the clip is fine. Video and audio plays in the Clip window and Project monitor window fine. It just won't show the video in the Capture screen. And that's very important for me, because have to see and sometime write down video details, before montage. I truly don't have spare time to rewatch everything, it's time consuming.

• My capture format is DV (because I use DV recorder "Sony DSR-25").
  • Abort capture on dropped frames is off
  • My device control is DV/HDV Device Control

Before update everything worked just fine.

Maybe you have had this problem already and know some solution. Already tried some - not working.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

After like an 3 weeks chatting and 30 minutes of remote session with Adobe Support agent we discovered that Microsoft Basic Display Driver was causing the problems.

If you have an GTX 1080 and you have the same problem, try to up-date it.
In other hand it's not causing problems on Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for your note.

I would up using an older version of Vegas I had a license for, and it worked right out of the gate.  Interesting, it did not work either within Divinci Resolve and generally prefer that over Premiere, or at least there is no monthly license fee, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL an issue in January 2021 with Premiere Pro 14.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem. I was capturing tapes with no problem till I tried to dock the Capture Window.

I know it's a Adobe Software issue because I can use WinDV to capture videos but I pay for Adobe CC so I would prefer to use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing. Was working fine. I just dragged the capture window from one monitor to the other and the preview disappeared. No matter what I do now, no preview screen. Both monitors are connected to the same display device. This is an Adobe bug, clearly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing just happened to me while using the latest Pr 2021 version, capture preview was working fine for weeks until I tried to move the capture window- suddenly it's not possible to get back using any kind of weird workaround attempt.

I ended up switching my capturing to Version 14.9.0 (Build 52), and capture preview is working fine in this version. Clearly a Premiere software bug for certain versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  Moved the window to the other monitor and it worked there until the next time I tried to capture something.  No more preview.  Put it back and still no preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have this issue in the mid 2010s. Started capturing some tapes yesyerday. Sure enough, 8 tapes later and now I'm getting the blank (not black, grey, like theres no video even attempting to play) issue discussed here.

Everything else is working, I'm just flying blind.

Disabling my integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630 and relying on my dedicated NVIDIA GeForce card seems to temporarily fix the issue as a workaround. For now at least.

If you have two graphics cards, perhaps try disabling one 🤷‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

August 2021 and still issues with no capture preview screen?!

I ca still capture, but I get no picture while I am capturing and so can't monitor it.

Can anyone from Adobe help please?

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Premiere 15.4.1 on a 2019 Mac Pro and this problem just happened to me. One day there is video in my capture window, the next day it's gone. I can only monitor my record with an external monitor connected via HDMI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is interesting. Today, I fire up the old JVC BR-HD50 (that is still connected to my machine via firewire) to capture some archival footage off HDV. Everything seems to function fine. Uh Oh... No HDV Preview.

Do a Googlebox search and find this thread and others.  How long has it been? Why can't this be fixed. Why do I hear that it predominantly affect nVidia GTX1080 users? Why do I see the first post was in 2018 and it is now 2022 and we are still having this issue?

Anyone have any workarounds for this? I haven't found any that work. I'm just having to copy blind.

Thanks in advance.

-T

Yes I have a GTX1080 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any workarounds for this?

By @thxapproved2

You can use these programs for capture:

WinDV   WinDV

HDVSplit   HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines