• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

capture wont work

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive spent hours trying to get the capture feature to work only for this program to be the very first and only program ive ever seen refuse to recognize my camera. im coming to the conclusion this software is over priced booty. every other program i open up, the camera is picked up right away and works and with this it does not, so now i have to capture with other programs just to go through the headache of editing hundreds of short video takes rather then just record directly and edit it right there taking away the HOURS of importing and editing. 

is the capture feature really this broken? cause i cant even find a valid youtube video that helps get to the problem of this issue, its just dudes still importing videos rather then recording them directly which is what im attempting to do, cut the head of the long annoying snake and just record directly.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrPro isn't designed for live capture, really. It was designed with the ability to 'take' from tape capture via the proper tape device and a Firewire connection.

So capturing with something like OBS or Camtasia or several other apps is what most do. Then export clips for editing in Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hard to tell what you mean when you say camera here, but this is for capturing from tape. Like, you shot on an older camera that records to HDV tapes, you plug that in and play the tape on the camera while making footage out of it. This was what you used to have to do before you could just record digital media to flash drives on cameras, so this is an older part of the software and video editing in general now. As Neil said, Premiere is not a capture/recording software. It's editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines