Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

capturing VHS tapes

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on MACPRO6 with Mojave and Premiere 

Could anyone suggest me the best possible hardware and how to capture my VHS stqandard tapes to premiere?

I returnerned to Amazon all the DIGITNOW! Scart Video Grabber as I 2was unable to use it.

They say it doesnt work with mojave, but it doesnt work with an older MACBOOKPRO with ELCAPITAN.

While Premiere imports erasily via Firewire DVCAM tapes I can't do so with VHS.

Any help will be very useful, I hasve many tapes and I use a PAL VHS Player which works quite fine on the TV and only has SCART outputs.

Kind regards to any kind person who would help me.
Thanks from Italy

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have FireWire on your machine and the camera has analog in (composite) you can use the camera as a converter to capture your vhs.

AnnBens_0-1657748928628.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Firewire based DV converter will work but you will have to buy one used of ebay. Below is a video link of a Firewire DV converter in action. 

You wrote the following below:
I returnerned to Amazon all the DIGITNOW! Scart Video Grabber as I 2was unable to use it.

Most of the cheap capture devices from Amazon are useless as seen in the video link below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you looking for options via used equiment or new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines