Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2021 crashes during playback and export

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been having a problem with Premiere Pro (and Media Encoder) 15.4.1 crashing my system- 

Problem 1:

While scrubbing or playing quickly through a clip (in Source or on Timeline) my screens go black. I hear a brief digital noise and my machine restarts.

Problem 2:

When exporting from Premiere or queued through Media Encoder, the same syptoms happen- black screen, restart, digital noise. Sometimes just an error message and Adobe crashes but Mac does not restart.

I've had two phone calls with Adobe and have gone through the standard recommended fixes. Twice. None of them work. I've tried to solve this using three different external hard drives for my media. It happens while playing all types of media files.

I'm increasingly convinced this is a software issue because I've seen similar posts.

If anyone has pearls of wisdom, I'm all ears.

My machine specs:

macOS Big Sur version 11.5.2

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

Running ONLY Adobe CC 2021 apps.

I've been waiting for a call back from a Senior Technician for three days. This is terribly frustrating because this problem is causing me to loose work time. We need this resolved ASAP. These are basic functions that should not have issues.

-Michael

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Sorry about this. Whenever I experience similar trouble, I transcode all footage to something like ProRes LT at 720p and perform a quick test in a timeline.

Does everything operate OK with this lightweight codec at HD? If so, it's a footage issue related to your system not being powerful enough for what you are asking it to do. If not, and you still have the same issues, it could be a Premiere Pro or an installation issue.

I suspect it is an issue with scaling 4K and other heavyweight processing of GPU effects or both, and your computer may not be powerful enough to handle so many processes. Let us know what happens after the test. Please also make sure the iMac is in a cool, well ventilated place.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I'll try the transcode test, but I have a hunch that's not the issue. Before I upgraded to 2020/2021 I was using all types of footage and doing heavier lifting with no issues at all.

This issue has been happening with HD video with only one layer. I have to believe that my iMac can handle one layer of HD footage (and in this case no effects).

I'm also still waiting for a call back from a Senior Technician to help me with this. I'm now losing money.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Michael!

Just wanted to see if you still need help. Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do. --

-------------
*MICHAEL ARGINSKY. CREATIVE VIDEO EDITOR.*

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I do.

Can a Senior Tech call me Friday 9/17 at 4pm?

That is my next availability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Did they ever resolve it for you?
Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines