• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Centering part of the text, within a text bos?

Explorer ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with what seems like it should be an easy feature. What I'd like to do is, within a single text box, have both left-justified and centered text (this is part of a credits roll).

Attached is a very poor diagram of what I'd like to do. It's very easy to left, center, or right-justify the entire text box in the Essentials Graphics panel, of course, but that's not what I want. Copying & pasting from a different app makes no difference, as the formatting is dropped/ignored.

Is there a way to do this? Mucking around with spaces wasn't a great time!

(This is using Premiere 23.4.0 on Windows 10)

edit: I thought the attached image would just be displayed. To avoid a click on your end, it sort of looks like this:

Left left left left left left left left left left left left left left

left left left left left left left left left left left

left left left left left left left left left left left left left

Center center center center

center center

center center center

Left left left left left left left left left left left left left left

left left left left left left left left left left left

left left left left left left left left left left left left left

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

glenn,

I have not played with the roll in the EGP much. But I'm inclined to think it would take multiple graphic instances, and result in a problem with timing. It might be possible.

I would just go to my old preference: do the text in Illustrator, then bring it into PR and roll.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as I got your idea which is not totally clear what you exactly want,

inside the Essential Graphics panel, you can start a text layer, then click on

'new layer' icon and choose another text layer, then use the align and transform

tools along with the text align tools. you can select both text layers and play around

with the align tools and try to achieve what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't possible with a single text layer. You need to create a separate layer for each different alignment. You can do all that inside of the essential graphics window, group all the layers together, and animate the position of the group to roll up the credits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot have different text align in one text box.

Would make good feature request though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glenn,

I have not played with the roll in the EGP much. But I'm inclined to think it would take multiple graphic instances, and result in a problem with timing. It might be possible.

I would just go to my old preference: do the text in Illustrator, then bring it into PR and roll.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. If it doesn't work one way, make it work another way... getting the job done is what we're all after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback, folks 🙂 I feel better that what I was trying to do isn't possible, and I wasn't unusually dumb! That evening was also "learn how to do scrolling credits the new way, using multiple layers". I don't have a subscription for the whole suite, but this may finally tip me over the edge! Thanks again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines