• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP and multi-stream files: how to know which stream a clip points to

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working with a MXF file that contains three streams: 1 video track, 2 audio tracks. Premiere creates three clips when I drag the MXF file over the sequence window: one for the video, two for the audio: so far so good.

At this point I need to determine which audio stream *in the original MXF file* the two audio clips refers to. In other words: given an audio clip on the timeline, I want to know which audio stream it points to in the MXF. 

I could not find such info in the clip object (app.project.activeSequence.audioTracks[...]...). I got very close by querying ProjectItem.getAudioChannelMapping, but it only tells me how many clips are associated to the project item. 

Any clues? Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Audio , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

There's no good way to accomplish that, using PPro's ExtendScript API.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no good way to accomplish that, using PPro's ExtendScript API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Bruce Bullis for the reply. Too bad this is not possible. More generally, is there a way to obtain the audio from a clip? The actual data, I mean. That would solve the problem I'm facing right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only C++ Exporter plug-ins transcoding (not encoding, as in a sequence) would get access to the non-interpreted, non-filtered, original audio data.

Tell me more about the workflow(s) you'd like to support, and I may be able to provide better guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines