CEP: Understanding presets in the Encoder object

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm exploring the Encoder object in the Premiere CEP API (app.encoder). According to the documentation, the Encoder.encodeFile() method wants a path to a .epr preset file.

As far as I understand, .epr files are created only when the user exports a preset manually from the Media Encoder app. In other words, it's not possible to use "system" presets (those shipped with Media Encoder) because there's no .epr file for them: they are kind of hardcoded into the Media Encoder itself. 

So is the Encoder object usable only with custom presets?

TOPICS
Formats , How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022
> As far as I understand, .epr files are created only when the user exports a preset manually from the Media Encoder app. Not so.  If you search your hard drive for .epr files, you'll find all the ones we ship. Most panel developers include a select set of .epr files, for approved output formats/settings. 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> As far as I understand, .epr files are created only when the user exports a preset manually from the Media Encoder app.

Not so. 

If you search your hard drive for .epr files, you'll find all the ones we ship. Most panel developers include a select set of .epr files, for approved output formats/settings. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines