Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change aspect ratio

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Premiere Pro people

I seem to recall there was a way when changing aspect ratio with PP (typically wide angle to horizontal) to let Premiere Pro take control so that the object was maintained centre shot automatically. Is this feature still available and can someone remind me how I get to it please?

Thanks in advance

David

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

You're looking for the Auto Reframe effect in the Effects panel.

If you've already done it, you know to create a new sequence with the new dimensions, cut and paste your current timeline into it, and apply the Auto Reframe effect to each clip.  I'm pleasantly surprised by how fast and well it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean: wide angle to horizontal.

Set/Scale to Framesize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that wasn't what I was thinking of. I'll look back a few years at videos I produced using the feature and see if I can get any ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking for the Auto Reframe effect in the Effects panel.

If you've already done it, you know to create a new sequence with the new dimensions, cut and paste your current timeline into it, and apply the Auto Reframe effect to each clip.  I'm pleasantly surprised by how fast and well it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much auto reframe that's what I was after

I think I used the Auto Reframe Sequence command before but now I know what it is called I can have a play and use the help

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines