• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change audio tracks on preexisting edit

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point my audio got messed up in my timeline from proxies and other changes. I'm putting on the finishing touches and I realized some of my audio is in the wrong format.

Some audio is where it's supposed to be in 6 seperate mono tracks, some is in a 5.1 track, and some just lost a channel and now only has 4.1 worth of information completely missing a channel.

Going to modify > audio channels only works on footage not yet in the timeline and I can't exactly restart hundreds of hours of work so I'd love a solution.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that sounds frustrating. Sorry, you are going through that. Before trying anything experimental I would advise you to duplicate your sequence and give it a version number so you can go back if it doesn't work. I once had to do this in an edit where I screwed up the audio track. I'm not sure how much work it would be for you but this is what I did.

Turn off my video source patches since I only want to replace the audio. Make sure audio source patches are on.

Make sure Selection Follows Playhead is on

With CTI (playhead) at the beginning of your timeline 

1 - Select your first clip with your mouse (making sure CTI is at the first frame.)

2 - X key to put in and out points on the clip.

3 - F key to match frame

4 - . Key to Overwrite edit (that's a Period key) - this will drop your audio tracks down onto your timeline and leave your video tack alone because of your Source Patching.

Now hit the down arrow key to advance to the next edit point and do steps 2 to 4 again.

I have no idea if this would work for your situation, but it's what I had to do to get the edit done and once I got into a rhythm it didn't take that long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much. It worked, the only thing is now its all unlinked but as long as im careful with moving stuff around, I should be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was afraid of that. Well, two steps forward and one step back.... as they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines