• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change or edit a nested sequence

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experimenting with manually replicating Technicolor 2-strip. I have one video and an Adj Layer on it. Then I have a second video with an Adj Layer for that. In order to blend the top layer with the bottom layer using Screen, I have made the top layer a nested sequence. Can I blend them without Nest?

The videos are filtered with red and blue in monochrome using Channel Mixer. The Adj Layers have Tint on them (blending with multiply). Is there a way to edit the nested sequence? I'd like to adjust the Tint to see changes in the colors.

When I do this in Photoshop with stills, I just group the Black & White with the Solid Color Adj Layers. Then I can set the top group to Screen. Sorry if this is really straight forward. I've been mostly using PP to just cut videos together.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

You could apply the effects directly to the clips rather than using adjustment layers, that might make the blending easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could apply the effects directly to the clips rather than using adjustment layers, that might make the blending easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would that still give me access to the Channel Mixer and Tint? Maybe I'm asking too much to have realtime preview like in Photoshop. Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe there is a way to have the main project in the monitor while editing the nested sequence layers.

I should probably do this in After Effects. Tint has separate color pickers for blacks and whites, which makes testing even more tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to add that applying the effects directly was easier than using adjustment layers. I also used a solid composite instead of tint. This gives access to all parameters and the solid composite has its own blending mode. Much quicker this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines