• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change sequence setting

Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have my sequence set at 1920x1080, and all the clips shot at this format

Now i am thinking i'd rather set it to 1280x720 to have possibility to crop and have some more variation on my footage

If i change this settings, then i'll need to resize all the clips manually in the sequence.is there a way to do that automatically?

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

After you change the sequence size you can click on the timeline and press cmnd A (MAC) or ctrl A (Windows) then do a right click on one of the selected clips and select  “Set to frame size.”

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you change the sequence size you can click on the timeline and press cmnd A (MAC) or ctrl A (Windows) then do a right click on one of the selected clips and select  “Set to frame size.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way, i would like to have a suggestion about the need to reframe

I am editing a documentary, and i have long interview with lots of cut to eliminate blank space and make them shorter

I have almost no broll

The cutting at times are really abrupte, that is why i think with reframing i can play with digital zooming between edit to make it smoother

Now the question is..being a documentary which most probably will not spread around the world

it is better to reframe and loose some quality overall

or leave full hd and loose some quality with particular clips where i would scale it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer the full hd option which you mentioned. when you output you may also want to check “maximum” render quality to help (hopefully) with the upscaled clips.

You also may want to try the morph cut transition on some of the abrupt cuts that you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI all -

I am havinig a similar issue.  I'm new to the video world and have been working with Adobe Pro for about 2 months now.  Once I have my videos produced, I need to export them in 16:9, 4:5 and 1:1.  I have no issues with the 1:1 ratio but the 4:5 ratio has given me problems from the start.  I could not set the sequence settings to 1080 x 1350 but had to use the size from the preview in order for the entire frame to be filled.  Prior to export I would change the export size to 1080 x 1350 and that has been working for about a month now.  Today, I am trying to do the exact same thing (after doing it a couple times already today) and I cannot for the life of me get the video to adjust to the new size.  I have the frame but the video is sizing as a square inside my sequence of 4:5.  I can go in and resize every clip by increasing the size to 126%.  Not that I want to do this for every single clip.  Help, what am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines