Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change style of subtitles - problem with colour

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I try to change the style of my subtitles, premiere doesn't keep the information about the colour. WHY??? Please don't answer me to keep it all in white, because we can't, lol
Thank you very much

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, Pr version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joost, sorry it's my first time ever asking here.
So it happens both on my imac, both on my windows and to all my colleagues with different computers. So I think it's more a matter of premiere itself than the pc.

Anyway my pc: 

CPU AMD AM4 RYZEN 7 3800X 4,5GHZ 8 CORE
65W SKT 4MB

RAM 32 GB (16GB x 2)
SVGA ASUS GTX1660 6GB PHOENIX DDR6 HDMI DP DVI 90YV0CU0-M0NA00

vram 5591 mb (Not sure about this one)
Premiere 22.2.0 (build 128)

Imac 2019
Intel i5
RAM 32 GB (16*2)
Premiere 22.2.0 (build 128)
(I have in the office, so I don't know all the specifics)

Just by changing the style, it automatically lost the colour and all the subs are white. So we need to colour one by one.
I hope to have been clear enough. Thank you very much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your style "sub_tiktok" is set to white text. That may not be what you want. But from your screenshot when the style is applied the text goes to white.

If you apply a text/caption track style, it changes THE WHOLE TRACK to that style, no matter what other changes you may have made.

If you wanted "sub_tiktok" to be yellow, you cannot directly edit/update that style. For example, if you change the white to yellow, you can't tell it to change that style. If you select it, all captions go back to white. The workaround is to rename the style (in the Project Panel) (e.g. sub_tiktok_bad), change the font color, and then create a new style with the name you want. The help file does discuss push/pull and sync operations, but it is not clear to me that the actual saved style is changed.

See this post I wrote before I discovered that, that discusses saving, deleting, exporting, and importing styles.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-15-edit-rename-delete-captions-...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, 

Thank you very much for your answer. 

We need to have some subs white, some yellow, some red. So I assume we have no solution than colour one by one... 

The main problem is that if I colour all the subs with a style and than changing it in tiktok subs, premiere change the whole track and so I need to colour again one by one the subs... It's very a pain in the ... ahah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you say, a pain in the ahah.

Upvote this feature request: it is for multiple languages, but it might also apply to multiple styles.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42970134-multiple-caption-t...

I assume you want captions in a sidecar that can be turned off on the player. If you are burning in, there is a workaround. See multiple tracks in this post.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-contr...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines