• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changed colors in Premiere 2022 for sony videos

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I installed Premiere 2022  I edit my videos made with a sony a7III,  while Im editing they look fine, but when I export them Premiere change the colors, saturation and contrast  - as you can see in the atached screenshots, what is happening? what can i do? why such difference between what i see at the timelime and the exported result?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I am recording in HLG color mode, but when I export in any HLG option I get over saturated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues, I just updated to Premiere 2022 and all my a73 files looks way overexposed.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, updated yesterday and I lost a whole project since i can't proper color correcting. Please solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out you have to convert your footage to 709, older versions did it automatically but now you gotta do it manually.

Select your files > Right Click > Modify > Interpret Footage.. > Last option.. Color Space Override: Rec. 709

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any ideea how to use Color Space Override for proxies ? it does not use Color Space Override at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Saved me a headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my night of work, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i´ll try it tomorrow thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graciasssss!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a FAQ on the new color management changes, two types, which are both major: new settings spread around the app, and new default behaviors.

Plus information on what to do in a practical sense for getting around some issues.

And note ... for any exports from an HDR sequence, you should use the proper HDR presets. Select your format, then scroll the Preset list to get to HLG or PQ, whichever one you need.

Neil

FAQ:PremierePro 2022 Color Managment for Log/RAW Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already solved it, when you go to export you just have to check here and modify the settings in the effects tab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try it and fix the overexposed problem but still so magenta for me   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or simply scroll the Presets list to the HLG or PQ export preset, whichever you need.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG saved me!! I was getting real angry....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem since the update to Pr 2022. Please solve this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. new update is throwing off export colors. 

Interpret footage to Rec 709 did not work, makes colors look weird too. 

The SDR conform option during export was closer... but tonalities are off. 

Please help Premiere.. why did this update adjust the way colors are exported!?!?! 

I use a Sony a7r3, can't color correct exports properly at all anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. new update is throwing off export colors. 

Interpret footage to Rec 709 did not work, makes colors look weird too. 

The SDR conform option during export was closer... but tonalities are off. 

I use a Sony a7r3, can't color correct exports properly at all anymore. 

Please help Premiere.. why did this update adjust the way colors are exported!?!?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted all over the forums, they updated CM options in the 2022 version. You do have some color management options for some media in the Project panel, modify/interpret footage. And there are CM option for the Sequence settings dialog also.

But as part of their updated CM practices, they also selected some of the frequently used DSLR/mirror-less cam log styles, and adopted the manufacturer's 'default' setting for normalizing/transform of those files. Without giving the user the option to override that default.

As their chief color scientist has said, all the data is there, just rearranged to be 'properly' normalized according to the manufacturer of each camera. Nothing is clipped or crushed, so the user should have full capability to grade the file to their taste without data loss. As far as they're concerned, they simply saved users a major step.

I would rather always have a user override. As for any log media, I normally roll my own transforms/normalization.

But ... for now, that's what's happening to your media. You can use the Lumetri panel to mod it as you wish.

You could also make a Lumetri mod and either save it as a preset or as a LUT. Then that could be bulk-applied to your media even in a bin before it gets to a timeline.

Saving as a Preset means you would have a full instance of Lumetri with the settings as saved, named/described as you choose, in the Effects/Presets bin. You can select a bin of clips, and drag/drop that onto the clips, and the Lumetri instance would be applied to every clip's "Source" settings, so for any use of that clip any where in the project it will have that preset applied.

You can do specific use-needs mods to Lumetri on the clips in the timeline as normal.

Saving your mod as a LUT means that you can apply that through the Lumetri panel in either the Basic or Creative tab dropdown slots.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a workaround I suppose but it sure would be nice if Adobe tested this stuff with a major brand like Sony before releasing this update that has cost me 2 days so far. 

I wonder if this has something to do with the codec updates that Apple has released in their latest update for Monterey... granted I updated to Beta hoping for an update! 🙂 

One of my friends who does editing for Netflix has the issue too and his workaround was a LUT for export. According to Adobe its a codec issue with 2020 Mac Pro / Tower computers.  Doesn't seem to affect Windows users to my knowledge.

davez73630965_0-1636483623416.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil. Could you please expand on "You could also make a Lumetri mod and either save it as a preset or as a LUT. Then that could be bulk-applied to your media even in a bin before it gets to a timeline." 

What are the steps to create a Lumetri mod for base HLG3 footage, and saving it as a preset to be applied? New to this. I typically just apply a single Lumetri layer for color correction. 

And then once the preset is bulk-applied, the footage could land on a regular timeline again with zero export issues? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a fairly standard clip ... pretty normal exposure and color. Make the changes in Lumetri that you want to get it looking as you want.

Then save that as a Lumetri preset. You can use either the 3-bar 'hamburger' menu at the top of the Lumetri panel, "Save as Preset", or right-click the Lumetri header in the Effects Control Panel and save as a preset.

Then it will appear in your Effects panel and you can use it from their either on clips in a bin or on a sequence. Plus you can modify at need for individual clips after applying it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil for your kindness and data, but I dont see it confortable to work with in this conditions...the problem is that what you see in the sequence its not the same that the result exported. So I see one thing - and I tried everything that i read at the previous posts - and when export turned magenta - i go back to the sequence and use lumetri - in the sequence turned green, but guessing that when exported again will look better, but i have to guess! i exported five times the same proyect it´s a waste of time and its not fair.  I work with social events, indoor and outdoor with very different light colours and quality and its impossible work like this...its a waste of time...even do grateful for your comments but its not working for me ...its messy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines