• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Color of Multicam Clips Based on Source?

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I frequently work with multicam sequences in premerie and would like to have the clip color change on the timeline based on the source camera. For example, I want CAM 1 and CAM 2 (a tight and wide follow) to be forest, but want our Jib and Dolly to be violet and blue. It is really helpful to have a visual represention of how often cameras are used, and I feel like this should be a relatively simple thing for premire. How can I do this? Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project panel bins for each clip type, select all and assign a label color. You can of course also create search bins by media type and do this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil! That does change the color of each individual clip when you have them on the timeline as individual clips (see the first, multicolored sequence) but when you create a multicam sequence, the colors do not follow along. For example, in the second screenshot I have a multicam sequence made from the clips that are all different colors but the entire sequence is Mango, but it should be tan, forest, teal, violet, then blue since I labeled each individual clip a different color.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A multicam is treated as essentially a 'clip' ... so yea, this probably doesn't work. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines