• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing percentage % speed in Premiere Pro vs Audition

Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro, if I change the Speed/duration of a clip to 110%, it speeds the clip up, therefore decreasing it's playback length.  However in Adobe Audition, if I change the speed (via Effect - Stretch and Pitch)  to 110% it slows the clip down, which increases it's playback time.

It's not so much of a problem to me as I can key in the exact time I want it to run, but does anyone know why on earth this confusing difference exists?  I thought Adobe would attempt to work reasonably consistently across their products, so is there a deeper reason for this?

Be interested to know what people think, trying to get an understanding of what's happening here.

Regards, aTomician

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Humans are involved ... always remember that!

These products are all run by different teams headquartered in different states or countries. While they do work a lot on making the application of stuff similar, there's always a number of things that aren't, like this. Audition users have several years of familiarity with their way of doing things. PrPro users have years of experience with their way of doing things. So changing either will result in howling.

So ... it sits.

Please file over on the Us

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humans are involved ... always remember that!

These products are all run by different teams headquartered in different states or countries. While they do work a lot on making the application of stuff similar, there's always a number of things that aren't, like this. Audition users have several years of familiarity with their way of doing things. PrPro users have years of experience with their way of doing things. So changing either will result in howling.

So ... it sits.

Please file over on the UserVoice system on this, as you're quite correct, that should be solved.

Neil

Adobe Bug /Feature Request form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm...  it did occur to me that it might be just the idiosyncrasies of one side vs the other...  I was hoping that there was a more technical (aka professional) reason though...  Is it me or is Adobe becoming less focused on what's relevant to it's users? 

I'll do a feature request like you say, would be good to have matching controls.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice Jim's answer, which is rather demonstrative. To the user they would seem to be the same ... but if one is defined as "duration" and the other "playback speed" ... of course, they're absolutely totally different tools.

From an engineering perspective, of course.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro you're adjusting playback speed.  In Audition you're adjusting Duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is clear, but there is a huge difference between 10% more speed on premiere and 10% less duration on audition. 

The relative numbers are the same but the final duration is not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I meant was that if I speed up on audition 10% I have to do it by stretching the audio to 90%

if I want to do the same thing on premiere, it is not 110% to increase the same 10%.

I solved the problem by adjusting the time on premiere, to my new audio file length, but what if the video and audio are not the same duration? It could have tried with a partial audio, and then I would have been a bit lost, as I would need to make numbers to know how much is 90% compared to 100% in audition and how much is 110% compared to 100% in premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines