• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy Playback after Geforce update.

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second time this is happened after an update. The last time I was able to fix the issue with a NVIDIA Driver update. This time it's not going away. It's also killed the audio going down the HDMI line with BMHDMI Audio selected. Audio does come down the line in an audio test with windows so it's in premiere. I've tried all the basic workarounds and it's not changing the way it plays out to the external monitor through HDMI. It is fine in the program monitor of premiere. I'll try on here before contacting Adobe to look at it if it's not a known issue. 

Thanks,

Tony

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

I think you just need to go in to the GeForce now and click the three dots and "reinstall driver" (assuming you're at the latest one already) - when that process starts, I believe there is in custom the ability to select "clean install".  I don't recall the exact place that offered so keep an eye out for it: Also, stick with the studio drivers if you happen to not be in them...

FlyingFourFun_0-1649962282209.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not yet heard of this one, Tony. Is it possible to roll back the GPU driver for now? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I'm guessing I'll have to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the clean install feature built into the driver update and install the studio drivers again.  Could be a quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unistall first, then go to a cutom install? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you just need to go in to the GeForce now and click the three dots and "reinstall driver" (assuming you're at the latest one already) - when that process starts, I believe there is in custom the ability to select "clean install".  I don't recall the exact place that offered so keep an eye out for it: Also, stick with the studio drivers if you happen to not be in them...

FlyingFourFun_0-1649962282209.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, yes I'm on 512.15 which came out 3-22-22 so I'll give that at try. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the clean install and tweaking some settings inside the geforce interface got it paying correctly again. The audio and everything came back. 

Thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue and just did the install>studio driver>custom> clean install and the issue still occurs. Any ideas???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be various issues with the latest Nvidia drivers. Try the Studio version of the 5617.40 driver. Might be better.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's going to come and go I'm afraid. My laptop is fine which is the important one since I use it onsite for work but my home PC does it now. I just work around it unless I'm showing someone a project I grab the program monitor and make it full size of my monitor. It plays fine inside it.  It's the different drivers and updates not playing with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is having issues with the 517.40 Studio driver. All gaming drivers and anything Studio later than 517.40 is potentially a problem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, I'm on 526.98 released 11-16-22 on both laptop and Office PC. Laptop works fine, PC does the choppy footage so I think it's just a combo of what is installed on the device. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go back to that 517.40. That is working for apparently everyone. All others may or may not, it's a total crapshoot.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines