• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy playback during multicam playback (Premiere Pro 2023)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit with multicam with only three video sources. The choppiness with the playback is making it impossible to do, though. I don't mind slight choppiness, it's only a minor setback, but the choppiness is just too severe. I've tried everything I could think of doing â€” changing the playback resolution, creating proxies, rendering the video files, and even changing the Preview File Format in the sequence settings — but none of these improved it at all. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that occasionally it seemed like the choppiness became worse. So does anyone have a good way to eliminate this choppiness to a point where I can actually edit it fairly well? I'm out of ideas. Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

I found a solution. Since the sources I was using for multicam actually contained both a video file and text graphic each, I considered it could help to export each one individually, then use THOSE video files for multicam. Now the playback is smooth as butter. Hope this can help someone out there. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution. Since the sources I was using for multicam actually contained both a video file and text graphic each, I considered it could help to export each one individually, then use THOSE video files for multicam. Now the playback is smooth as butter. Hope this can help someone out there. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines