• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy preview with great PC Specs

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having the same issue. The Preview window is very choppy and i have tried everything. Been at it for hours now and nothing has resolved my issues. I know i have hardware to room a very smooth preview screen i just dont understand what's the issue. Videos are 1080p 60fps, mp4 format, i have tried 1/4 res and still choppy. I checked that it was using my GPU and it very well is. No idea what the issue is anymore. 

Premiere pro is installed in an M.2, cache file is a seperate SSD 

Specs- RTX 3080, 5950x CPU, 32gb ram, and a great motherboard.

If anyone knows what it could be please let me know, i would appreciate it a ton.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add that nothing is being added to the video when i put it on the timeline. I preview it as is and its good for a couple seconds then become choppy and laggy. Have also tried changing the sequence to quicktime>apple pro res 422. 

Out of ideas of how to fix my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE- I finally decided to install earlier version of premier pro and everything works fine for now. I can run full quality on playback just as i expected. Not sure what's going on with these new versions. FYI i also tried the audio hardware input.. and that didnt work either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines