• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy RED 8k Footage playback still not fixed in ver. 15.0.0 (Its Been over a year!)

Engaged ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with RED footage in 15.0.0 is extremely choppy. Clips will play perfectly in source monitor, but when playing clip in program monitor/timeline the clip is unusable because of extreme stutter and choppy playback. Dropped frame indicator shows a lot of dropped frames. Using the same exact clip in PPCC 2019 plays perfectly in both source and program monitor with no issues or dropped frames. Ive been complaining to Adobe techs and have giving them as much info as possible to help resolve the issue.I have made a video pin pointing the exact issue. Can any adobe  please chime in and assist.

[video]

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact issue with Red footage. I'd figured out about switching away from the source tab, but didn't know about the undock/dock trick (thanks for the tip!).

It's been a big pain to my workflow for a while now- is there any sort of update to the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some audio devices can cause problems. You can try  ASIO4ALL drivers. or select none for audio input devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines