• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy video after exporting.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took some 4k video at 60 fps with my DJI Mavic Air 2 and imported it into Premiere Pro. It looks super smooth in the playback feature in premiere pro but when I export it the exported video is super choppy. It plays at less then 1 frame per second in the exported video. I have changed the sequence to match the frame rate of the source video and it shows the same frame rate in the export settings. I have a Ryzen 7 3700x and a RTX 3070 that is being used because I see utilization of the GPU spike when I render the video. What could be the cause of my super choppy video?

Screenshot 2021-04-21 113914.png

 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elle,

Try exporting a HD version and see if you have the same trouble.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the settings below to export it in 4k and the result was still a choppy video. 

Screenshot 2021-04-21 160442.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if you had any luck, I have exactly the same problem with video from my DJI Mavic 2 pro with Choppy video export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here too, the problem is for sure Premiere Pro 😕

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi camf87154326, Silkr0ad!

We can get this checked. Can you provide some files to test and also share your export settings?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the offer to look at it, I got it fixed! I moved my source files to an SSD and then exported to an SSD. No problems since! It looks like it was slow disks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Hardware encoding and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips! I moved my source files to an SSD and then exported to an SSD. No problems since! It looks like it was slow disks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the timeline video 8 bit and the render video 10 bit? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don't waste your time with any of the solutions you read to this problem on any of the message boards including this one. I get all the choppy playback upon export of my DJI Air 2S footage from Premiere Pro as described here and elsewhere and I have super fast SSD drives and no frame mismatches. I draged the footage on the sequence and let PP set it up. I supect it has to do with H.264 and H.265 being crappy codecs more "sumer" than'pro". When I export my 4K  same as source or any other codec of my DJI Air 2S footage it plays like crap on my brand new Mac Studio however when I bring the sequence back into Premiere Pro it plays beautifully. Maybe Quicktime player needs and over haul. When I take that same sequence exported with the Vimeo 4K quicktime preset into Vimeo it plays it more or less  OK. Here's a fun fact. If import the same sequence that played choppily in Quicktime on my desktop back into PP it plays fine. If I had to guess it is an H.264 problem and I am not going to waste my time with alchemy trying to get out a decent looking video. DJI, Adobe and Apple get together and fix this so as not to drive your customers crazy. Much love to all.  This isnot your fault your tech overlords need to fix this. Maybe immediately transcode your video to pro res for editing who knows just please fix it. Who knows I am tired of trying to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found any solution to this problem, this is driving me insane. I've recently suscribed to CC to get all the brand new programs and quit uisng the 2020 version i had of Premiere, and to my surprise, now it seems that this new program cant handel my DJI Air 2S videos, bt i havent ad any problem with that videos on the 2020 version. Now i cant find the video that got me that premiere, i gotta finish this project for my client and I JUST CANT. And of course, if i want to cancel my subscription to CC now, i'll have to pay to do that. Please, i just need a solution. Why would these videos work on the 2020 version and not the 2024? What can i do? I just cant edit my drone videos anymore? Its my work tool. This is super frustrating.

Mod note: Please do not use profanity. We have minors reading here. Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have alomst certainly found the issue. I just went through this today for a few hrs. I also read this thread 3 times.. lol here it is..

I was working on an already exported video adding some blur to an area for a client. The video was choppy, and struggled to play in premier. It also wouldnt play back smooth in quick time. After some digging I realized the dimensions were too high. I had exported the video at H.264 8064x4536. The M1 Max Mac Studio im on just doesnt want that kind of resolution. All other videos and raw files I checked are in 4k H.264 3840x2160, and play smooth. I figured it was a computer issue when I uploaded the larger dimension video to Youtube, and it played fine. So yeah, Check your export settings. Even if you are in H.264, Adobe will push the dimensions if you dont force it to export in a 4k aspect ratio. You just have to unceck a box in the export window under "video" "basic video settings" and "frame size" Make sure it is UHD 3840x2160. otherwise it will be choppy unless you have an 8k monitor, and a beastly beast of a comp. Hope this helps you, and others. I almost lost my mind finding this solution.. Cheers, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines