Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy Video When Slowed Down

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I have an unusual problem with my footage shot on a Sony FX3 when slowed down.

The video was shot in 4k at 60fps but when slowed down in a 24fps sequence, what I get is a weird jittery choppy result. This has never happened to me and I have shot videos using same camera a thousand times before without this issue.

What suddenly went wrong? It went from one day to the next and I haven't done anything I hadn't done before. In fact, I compare projects from the previous days to the new ones and I can't see what changed. Someone please help.

Cheers!

Kay

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kay,

Sorry about the issue. Could you let us know what is the clip speed and Time Interpolation set to? Is the playback choppy in the sense that it's skipping frames or does it seem like a preview rendering issue?

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ishan for the response. So mostly I shot in 4k 60fps and 1080p 120fps. I slowed the 4k 60fps footage down to 40% using Frame Sampling. I tried Optical Flow and Frame Bending as well when I was constantly getting a choppy clip. Still the same result. However, when I slow down my 1080 clip by 20%, I get a desired smooth result.

I have reset my camera to its default factory settings about 3 times aready. I have changed memory cards. Nothing seems to point to the camera, so I thought maybe it's just Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kayero5ED7,

Sorry. May we have system info? There was a bug with optical flow speed effects on Mac not long ago. I recall that the footage looked rather stuttery after rendering it. Perhaps the bug has returned. Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

I have a Microsoft Windows 11 Pro. Version 21H2

System Name: MSI

System Model: Raider GE77HX 12UHS

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Processor: 12th Gen Intel (R) i9-12900 HX, 2300Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)

Physical Memory (RAM): 64gb

I hope this is all the info you need.

Thank you,

Kay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details, Kay. Would you mind sharing a video showing the choppy preview that you are getting after doing Speed/Duration changes? Also, try interpreting the frame rate to 24fps for that 4k 60fps clip (right-click on the clip in the Project panel > Modify > Interpret Footage > set Assume this frame rate to 24fps) & then creating a new sequence from it to check if playing properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

Here is a short clip of the video after speed change to 40%. I also interpreted the footage and it doesn't seem to help any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue, same camera as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this exact same issue 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines