• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

circle object is not perfect clean circle

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created and animated a circle in Premier Pro. The issue is that the circle shows extra pixels on the outer edge at the top and left of it as it moves. I have video recorded a demonstration of what I mean. I'm hoping someone can help me fix this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSIZHyAsQZo

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Your sequence preset is HDV which is a narrow raster format, and hence you have a non-square, anamorphic pixel aspect ratio which stretches your image out to 16x9. This could very well be causing it.

Change your sequence settings to a proper HD preset like DNX 1080p and instead of 1440x1080 your raster will be 1920x1080. Let us know if this fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

try to change your preview video format to QuickTime and Codec to Animation

from sequence settings, or try other editing modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video is private.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link should work. 🙂

https://www.screencast.com/t/Ey8nMQbuJrTQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the circle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what are your sequence settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the circle with the Elipse tool in Premier Pro (holding down the Shift key when making it).

My sequence settings are in the attached JPG - a screen capture.Sequence Settings for Circle project.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said: "I tried deinterlacing...", is this a clip rendered with fields? If so, it's better to re-render it as progressive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to recreate your design and I have somehow a similar issue; it looks like it's due to antialiasing. It looks like the small animated circle's position is most of the time in sub-pixel values (eg: x:512.3, y:440.7), and Premiere is trying to antialiasing edges by rounding numbers.

Personally, I wouldn't care as I'm 100% sure that no viewer (other than me, the creator) will be able to notice that small problem.

Maybe the problem would be solved if we had a motion blur option in Premiere Pro (we have it in the transform effect, not in Motion or Essential graphics), but currently we don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time on this. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sequence preset is HDV which is a narrow raster format, and hence you have a non-square, anamorphic pixel aspect ratio which stretches your image out to 16x9. This could very well be causing it.

Change your sequence settings to a proper HD preset like DNX 1080p and instead of 1440x1080 your raster will be 1920x1080. Let us know if this fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"m sorry I've taken so long to respond back. I'm stuck at home with a flu and a fever. I promise to give this a try on Monday and report back with results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, this worked. The circle animates much cleaners. Thank you! I learned something new. I've never tried DNX as an option. To double up on the clean look, I also rendered it with a Quicktime Animation codec and that made it look even crisper. Thank you all for your time and effort. I truly appreciate it. And I appreciate your patience while waiting for my results. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you shared an exported video, do you have the same issue 

on Premiere Pro's program monitor?

if the answer is no, the culprit is in your export settings that

should match your exact sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the problem also on my PP program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to change your preview video format to QuickTime and Codec to Animation

from sequence settings, or try other editing modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Carlos. I will give that a try on Monday. Unfortunately, I caught a bout of Covid and am bedridden right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem let us know what happens, wishing you fast recovery 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mixed your suggestion to use a Quicktime Animation codec with Mike's suggestion to change my Sequence setting to DNX 1080p and the movement is much cleaner now. Thank you tons!!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines