• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicking on "File" locks up Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this morning when I load up a project and make a change, I go to"File" to save or export and premiere automaticly freezes and stops responding. I can make changes or edits but when I click on the File menue it stops working.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These kind of things are generally machine specific. Something in the windows setup preventing it. If I was really stuck, I'd buy a new SSD and put Win11 on it and PP and see if the problem exists. Then I have a new SSD I can use also, and the old drive once everything is copied off, can be used for a storage drive. These days I backup onto an SSD, and have 3 M.2 drives doing some good work.

If that's a bit too much at the moment, I'd consider reinstalling PP / Adobe. You must make sure you have good backups. (an advantage of using a new disk (ok, you can drag out an old too, just don't expect peformance). is you don't need to backup, as you take the current drive out before you format/Win install the new drive. If you are keeping the new install, then put the old drive back in and start copying files.) But if you want to stay in place, then run the adobe cleaner after you uninstall adobe products. Take a look, see what you think...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having Premiere Pro work for the last couple of years with no change in hardware doesn't make it machine specific. I uninstalled it, removed all plugins, used the cleaner utility. In this case it would appear to be an Adobe problem itself as they know of the issue and are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would also have to agree that it's an Adobe problem. I have also uninstalled it multiple times and removed all the plug-ins. On the current project I am working on, I have used Auditon, and After Effects multiple times with no problems. It started happening in the middle of my current project, with no changes on my computer. There are no problems using the keyboard shortcuts, only with I hit the "File" menue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines