Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Clip appears as DF in one version of Premiere, NDF in a slightly different version

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere 2020 (v14.x) on 2 different computers.

One computer, running OSX 10.13.6 and Premiere v 14.7.6 shows some drone clips that were shot at 47.95 FPS as having drop-frame timecode in the bin.  The modify Clip/Timecode panel also shows the clip as having a starting timecode that is DF, i.e. 00;00;00;00 --

Offspeed-shows-as-DF--14.7.6-on-10.13.6--Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 5.53.21 PM.png

When I look at the project on a different computer, running OSX 10.14.6, Premiere v 14.9.0, the clip now shows non-drop timecode in the bin (but still shows dropframe TC in the Modify Clip/Timecode panel.)  The Media Duration is also slightly different due to DF/NDF difference:

Offspeed shows as NDF -- 14.9.0 on 10.14.6 -- Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 5.50.40 PM.png

Have I got some mismatched setting between the two projects that might account for this, or is it due to a change between the versions, and if so, which version is correct?  To me, the mismatch between the Modify Clip panel and the bin display suggest the later version is buggy.

I see the same issue with most of the footage that was shot off-speed (i.e. not 23.976)

Of course, the very recent release of Premiere v.22 means I can no longer access the downloads to match 14.x versions between my 2 machines.  Thanks for that, Adobe!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?