• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip audio gets out of sync after trim

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've been working with Premiere Pro for the past few months without any issues. I've been recording gameplay/ cam footage in OBS as MKV files then converting them in VLC to H.264+MP3 (MP4) files for Premiere Pro. When I view the imported files in the source monitor in Premier pro they look and sound correct. In my clips there's often a few seconds between the clip starting and me talking. I place the clips on the timeline and use the razor tool to cut out the video/ audio where there is no talking. I do this for all clips (generally 5-6) and move them up on the sequence timeline to create part of the video. This has worked flawlessly in the past.

As of this week doing this method is getting me weird results. Now, when I play the sequence back with all of the clips in it after editing, I get very out of sync audio. All of the MP4 files I'm working with have the audio/ video linked and I make sure that nothing is visually out of sync on the sequence timeline. When I play the sequence some clips will have the audio start a second off from the video, despite the timeline showing that the audio should start as soon as the video does. There's also instances of the single audio source somehow playing over itself during playback - The audio from the audio track will stutter or repeat what was just said when this is not present in the original video/ audio. It feels like Premiere is letting me trim an 11 second clip down to 8 seconds while continuing to try and play all of the audio from the full 11 seconds in 8, with lags and stutters present if that makes sense. It sounds awful.  

I get these same errors even if I try and create subclips in premiere first instead of putting the full clip on the timeline and using the razor tool to shorten. When marking the in/ out of the subclip in source monitor, the audio will get out of sync from the video before I even make the subclip. It's almost like premiere can see that I've shorted the clip on the sequence timeline but still wants to find a way to play the full audio despite it being cut/ marked out.

My computer specs are below, I have not had any performance issues with premiere in the past either. Any thoughts on what could fix this??

GPU: Nvidia 3080

RAM: 32gb

CPU: AMD 3900x

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few things we can try! First I'd try opening your main clip in the Source Monitor by double-clicking it in the Project panel. Then open the Effects Control panel and see if you get the option for Variable Frame Rate mode. If you see it, enable it!

If you don't see this option, I'd try using Handbrake.fr to transcode OBS clips before importing them into Premiere. Let us know if either of these help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thanks for the quick reply 🙂 I do have preserve audio sync enabled for all clips in the effects control panel, is that what you mean by enabling the option for variable frame rate mode?? All of the clips I've used for this and past videos have had variable frame rates.

I can try re-transcoding in handbrake but I also want to show something odd that I've found when looking at the timeline preview. In the ADS penal1 attachment I can see that the audio is apparently going to start playing with the beginning of the second clip on the timeline @ about 3 seconds in. In the ADS penal2 file, I zoomed in just a touch on the timeline but the audio for clip two changes to start at ~4.5 seconds in.Clip 2 has a short pause of no audio at the beginning that I had cut out of the audio/ video file in premiere via the razor tool, but the full audio seems to re-appear when I zoom on the timeline? When I play the video, there is a delay in the audio starting and the end of what I'm saying gets cut off as the clip finishes. It's almost like it's still trying to play the original audio despite being clipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into this issue as well. I have two wav files from two microphones that I'm able to sync up with the video and play perfectly fine together from beginnig to end. As soon as I make a cut in the clip my sync is now off and I get an echo like effect in the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you guys manage to find a solution? I'm having the exact same issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I ended up doing was creating two different copies of the sequence. I then nexted the audio from one sequence into the other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines