• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip FX Editor keeps opening when I click on timeline clips

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every two or three times that I click on an audio clip in the timeline, the Clip FX Editor - Multiband Compressor window opens right in front of what I'm doing. All the clips have the multi band compressor applied. I have to close the window every time so that I can make the edits I want. It's driving me mad. Anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

I FIGURED IT OUT!

When you make your audio FX in the selected audio clip that you will then copy + paste to others, make sure to click EDIT on the audio FX that is open BEFORE copying the FX. THEN paste onto your next desired clip. When you put the playhead over you will notice the stupid FX window will not show up anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Bullsh!t is still happening in 2020 v14 smh. Every time I stop start the playhead. Premiere sucks sometimes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they see it as a bug that needs to be fixed, just a standard method of editing. The developer's viewpoint is probably if you want to work on a bunch of audio clips in a row, it is better to have the audio fx pop up automatically so you don't have to do a lot of fishing to adjust this on each clip.

While I find it annoying, once you get used to just applying an effect like for instance Voice Leveler which I use a lot to even out the peaks of the audio, then just close the FX dialog box before you copy and paste the effect on other clips it will make it so these don't pop up automatically.

Once you've done this a few times, it will become second nature. But whenever I'm going to make a lot of changes to a sequence, like doing a color correction pass, or fixing the audio, or cutting out a bunch of material, I first make a duplicate of the sequence so if I want to go back to the last step in case something gets screwed up I can just reopen the last copy of the sequence. That would help in this situation in case you mess it up and have continuous pop ups of the audio fx.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version latest updated version 15.2 in 2021 and still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello billow,

I am so sorry. Please file a bug here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro I hope we can fix the issue for you, but please file the bug first. I will advocate on your behalf as I continue to try to reproduce the error. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happens and your bug link doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happening in 2024. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this makes me nuts. Adobe needs to do something about this.  I guess in the meantime we can save the audio effects work until the VERY end of the edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, starting to consider Final Cut does it have as many bugs?

I'm using version latest updated version 15.2 in 2021 and still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 20+ years with Premiere I switched to FCPX for client. Strange at first but got used to it. Now I hate Premiere. You don't realise how bad something is until you use something else that works. No crash in FCPX all of last season editing weddings. Had to go back to PP this year for 2 new clients and non-stop crashes, bugs & problems. Such a shame because I loved Premiere growing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well well well, it's almost 3 years after the original post and I am still getting this bug on v14.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best thing I've found is to deselect the targeting button of the offending audio track. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the EDIT button in the Effects window. Its the button you click when you want the window to open so you can adjust the effect settings. Just click it again and it will close. It won't open again until you click EDIT again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to do that on every single cut. I have lots of cuts - is there a way to press edit button on all at once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found somthing that work for me.
You need to remove this effect from the audio channel.
Hope it helps 🙂Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 9.13.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happening in 2024.  adobe is too big to care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply click the "edit" button. That'll stop it from popping up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the EDIT button in the Effect Controls window. Its the button you click when you want the edit the settings for that specific effect. Just click it again and it will close. It won't open again until you click EDIT again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the EDIT button in the Effect Controls window.

By @K-lani

Can confirm this worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work once you click on a new clip. I have my dynamics copy/pasted into about 100 clips and every time I click on a new one *pop* up comes the window again. Aggravating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick I found was that when you edit or create this effect, you have to close the effect editor and save BEFORE you copy the effect and place it onto others. It will copy the state of the window the moment it is copied. I have tried this successfully. I create my effect. Close the effects interface. Then, copy the effect and paste it onto other clips. Then, this will go away. If you already have the effect in multiple places...it becomes a bummer, I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my experience- I was having the same issue; I think if you leave the fx editor window open and then click away, then the next time you click the clip with the audio effect the window will reappear. If you close the window, it should stay closed, unless you click another clip that has it open then it comes back. It seems that the window being open or not is assigned to whatever the fx window was doing last time you selected that clip. If you left the window up, it reappears. If you closed the window, it does not reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it keeps reappearing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Orf,

Sorry about this issue. I searched on the bugs over on User Voice, but I could not find a similar problem, nor could I reproduce the issue. Can you file a new bug so those experiencing the issue can upvote it, too? 

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines