• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip markers not working correctly in the timeline

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add clip markers to some selects in a timeline. I need the markers to attach to the clip and not to the Timecode at the top of the timeline, so they move with the clip if I change any of the selects in the timeline. If I don't have the clip selected and add the marker to the timeline, it appears correctly, where the playhead is. But if I do have the clip selected and add a marker, the marker appears several seconds earlier. I've tried it on several different timelines and clips, and the offset isn't uniform, but the markers never appear where they're supposed to. If I mark the clips before I put them in a timeline then they do get placed where I intended them to go.

See the screengrabs for an example of a timeline marker and a clip marker in a timeline.

I'm trying to work out whether this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm working with Premiere 23.0.0 (build 63) on a 2018 Intel Mac Mini running Monterey OS.

Anyone got any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi owenop,

Can we have more info on your media? Is this footage from a camera or some other device? Is the footage modified? Does the frame rate of the footage match Sequence Settings? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

I'm using Apple ProRes 422 proxies (1536x790) in a 25fps timebase. (The proxies were made by my edit assistant within Premiere, while on the shoot. I don't have access to the original rushes, but they were shot 4K (4096x2160) at 25fps on a Sony FX9.) I'm making the selects sequences in a DNxHR 4K 25fps timeline. So the sequence should be matching the footage. 

(Apologies for late reply - the notification went to my junk email...)

Any help welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to replicate the issue but in my timeline I do not have the same result, the marker is inserted where I put it in the timeline or in the clip. Sometimes it is good to try to solve with the reset of the preferences of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines