Clip Paste Glitch?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

First time this has happened to me--not sure if it's a nasty glitch or a setting I inadvetently activated. (Restart and layout reset doesn't help, and it happens in every project now.) 

When I paste an audio or video clip into my timeline, it will only paste to the line it was copied from. So if I want to cut/copy a video clip from V1 to V2, even if I have V2 (and only V2) selected/highlighted, it will only paste to V1. If I manually move the clip up to V3 and then cut/copy it, it'll only paste to V3, regardless of what track is selected. 

Is there some feature (classic or maybe in the latest update) that ignores track selections and only uses the cut/copy target track? Or is this just another glitch. Today is the first time I've noticed it.

Thank you for your time!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Stan! I got a little desperate and ended up with Premiere support. Took a few minutes to hone in on the fact that it was a shortcut issue. but we got there. 

This is exactly right. I figured it was someting like that, but it seems like kind of a big deal. For functional changes like this, I wish there was a pop up or something. It's not intuitive to just assume my default shortcuts suddenly apply to something else. 

Regardless, I appreciate you taking the time to fill me in! Hopefully this will help other hapless Mac users.

Cheers!

Jesse

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines