• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip wont play backwards

Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i have just short clip, about 5 sec., slowed 20%.

I duplicate it and I want to run the duplicate backwards.

It does nothing, like it is a still photo.  using "speed/duration".

What?

thanks, Steve z

Mac OS 12.1, PPro 22.2.0 build 128

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried rendering that section/sequence (Sequence > Render In to Out) & checked if it's playing back properly?

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try duplicating the clip before you did the speed change, then changing the speed on each clip individually? So the first one gets set to 80% and the second to 80%/Reverse speed?

What is the format and codec of your source footage that you are trying slow down and reverse?

I'm on Big Sur with Pr 22.2.0 build 128. When I do what I think you said you did, the duplicated clip played back choppy and slow and sometimes paused for a few seconds. I rendered the sequence in to out over the changed clips and they played back smoothly in the timeline.

If all else fails, you can export the first speed-changed clip as a ProRes 422 .mov file, then bring that back into your project and do the reverse speed change on the new clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i just lucked out and something worked, but not rendering or any of the obvious stuff,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines